Friday, April 20, 2012

Commission: Timemonkey


Northstar and Iceman. I'm lame, I felt sooo guilty drawing this, since Northstar is getting married to his boyfriend, Kyle, soon. I like Kyle lol, it was sooo hard not to add him in the pic. Maybe I'll draw Kyle with someone else to even things out.

LIFE UPDATE:
So, an update on my life. I'm still looking for a new job, somewhere close to where I live so I can walk there. My car was stolen earlier this year, so I'm trying to adjust, but hopefully I'll be getting a car real soon :). I'm looking for a part time job so I can continue to work on my art, I really like commissioning, and I can see my style progressing in some direction. I'm really grateful to everyone who has commissioned me so far.

MY ADDICTIONS:
-Ru Paul's Drag Race
So, we're down to the top 3, I'm personally rooting for Sharon Needles, but if Chad wins, I'll still be happy. I can almost guarantee Phi Phi will not win, She's a good drag queen, but I don't think she's on the same level as the other two. Though, I did find a hilarious NOT a fan page for Phi Phi, the author makes the funniest post lol. But what I'm most excited for is the Allstars season. Of the four seasons, I'd really like to see Tatianna, Raven, Pandora Box, Jujubee, Nina Flowers, Jessica Wild, Carmen Carrera, and Alisa Summers return *Alisa because she didn't get nearly as much air time that she deserved*. But mainly Tatianna

-Comic Books
I'm currently reading almost all X-Men and Avengers titles, with some new 52 sprinkled in there. Of them, X-Men Legacy and Red Hood and the Outlaws are the standout titles to me. Rogue and Starfire are my favorite superheroes, so that maybe has something to do with it lol. I really like the characterization that both characters have recently gone through. A lot of fans have complained a lot recently about it though, Rogue being too connected to Magneto and not Gambit, and Starfire for being a 'slut'. I personally like how Rogue is becoming her own person, and not an attachment another person, as well as living up to her name's sake. And Starfire's new promiscuity is nothing new, I actually love the new Starfire more than the old one. I've been a Starfire fan for quite a while now, she was my mom's favorite hero growing up as well. I had to wait to get the latest issue for money reasons, but I can't wait to pick it up later today!


OTHER ART:

I love fashion, I'm a nerd, so I mixed them and created a shot of Mortal Kombat's Kitana, Jade, and Sonya Blade in some of my friend's designs. I wouldn't mind doing more with different heroes, just have to go through my friend's portfolios for more inspiration :). What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Nice take on the Mortal Kombat ladies, especially Kitana. They were identifiable before even reading the post. Nice touch with the layered skirt too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! when I saw the skirt in my friend's portfolio, I instantly thought of Kitana's fans and had to do it. I'm glad the characters were still identifiable, thanks again :)

      Delete